Touring caravan insurance
Touring caravan insurance is important as it allows you to have complete peace of mind, knowing that if anything should happen to your caravan - whether it’s in use or in storage at the time - you will have support to help you repair the damage and you won’t be out of pocket.
What's more, our touring caravan insurance was rated 5 stars by independent reviewer Defaqto on 1st February 2013 for the second year running, indicating that it is one of the best touring caravan insurance products on the market.
Key features and benefits of our touring caravan insurance
- Touring caravan insurance cover available for all makes and models, including imports
- Awarded 5 Star rating by Defaqto
- Reduce your premium by removing elements of cover not required
- Up to £1,500 free contents cover if you insure for ten years or more New For Old cover
- Up to £250 per day loss of use cover, up to the sums insured
- Up to £3,500 loss of use cover
- Up to £2.5m Public Liability cover with the option to increase
- Up to £5m Public Liability cover
- Up to £20,000 Personal Accident cover with the option to increase, up to the age of 85
- Up to £50,000 Personal Accident cover, up to the age of 85
- New 'Agreed Value' cover (see explanation)
- New for old cover available for touring caravans up to 10 years old (see explanation)
- New for old cover available for touring caravans up to 15 years old (see explanation)
- Repatriation cover following an insured incident
- Driver injury/illness cover (repatriation should the driver be injured or taken sick)
- Up to £3,500 towards alternative accommodation or the hire of a similar caravan if yours suffers loss or damage and you are unable to stay in it
- Zero excess for theft of the unit if certain safety and security measures are observed
- Theft of the caravan is always covered (barring deception) - merely apply a higher excess in the event of theft - unlike some insurers who will refute liability
- Family and friends cover available on request
- Up to 365 days European insurance cover
- Cover for sports equipment - fishing rods, wetsuits, surfboards and inflatable dinghies (no more than 14ft or 427cm in length)
- £100 standard excess (zero for theft in circumstances outlined above)
- You can even protect your no claims discount for only £10.60
There are a number of discounts available to reduce the price of your touring caravan insurance premium, to a maximum of 60% reduction. All our discounts are available online and will apply to all caravanners, even where an approved security device or storage requirement is a condition of the policy.
It is also worth noting that in each case the discount offered applies to 100% of the premium, not the net of earlier discounts. For example, where you qualify for two stated discounts of 20%:
- With Club Care Insurance you would receive a total of 40% discount
- Others may apply 20% for the first, then 20% on 80% totalling only 36% discount
As insurance providers for The Camping and Caravanning Club we offer a number of exclusive rewards to members. Any benefits featuring this logo are exclusive to their members; find out more about joining to receive these too.